By Peter L. Myers,Richard E. Isralowitz
This textual content presents up to date, finished, and obtainable information regarding alcohol use in western society and different cultures.
• presents a chronological presentation of alcohol intake in international cultures, American society, public coverage, and comparable issues
• encompasses a bibliography and index to facilitate additional examining and direct entry to info on particular topics
Read or Download Alcohol (Health and Medical Issues Today) PDF
Similar popular culture books
Written by way of nationally well-known anthropologists Conrad Kottak and Lara Descartes, this ethnography of principally white, heart type households in a city within the midwest explores the position that the media play in influencing how these households focus on daily work/family issues. The publication insightfully studies that households fight with, and make work/family judgements established principally at the photos and ideas they obtain from media assets, even though they strongly deny being so stimulated.
For lots of members, pornography is a troubling and not easy factor. despite how the general public perspectives this subject, something is obvious: Pornography is as conventional and available as smartphones and machine desktops. certainly, past conventional hardcore fabric, a pornographic sensibility permeates many elements of culture—from tween and younger teenager models to tv and commercially winning movies.
What are the characteristics and houses that make whatever cultural? What does claiming anything as cultural let us do? tradition deals scholars a viable knowing of the class ‘culture’ and explores how the area of the ‘cultural’ could be essentially explored as a fashion of figuring out the realm.
The superhero Wolverine time travels and adjustments storylines. On Torchwood, there�s a capsule popped to change thoughts of the previous. The narrative means of retroactive continuity turns out rife in recent years, given all of the world-building in comics. Andrew J. Friedenthal deems retroactive continuity, or �retconning,� as a strength with many implications for a way american citizens view historical past and tradition.
- American Nightmares: The Haunted House Formula in American Popular Fiction
- Latino/a Popular Culture
- Tom Wolfe's America: Heroes, Pranksters, and Fools
- Cultures of Commodity Branding (UNIV COL LONDON INST ARCH PUB)
- Stereotype oder Individuen? Rollenbilder in den Medien (German Edition)
Additional info for Alcohol (Health and Medical Issues Today)